February 16, 2009

The Number Two Looks Good On You.

Almost Famous

I'm not sure. Maybe it's because I've always felt I was born in the wrong era and should have grown up during the 60's and 70's. Maybe because Penny Lane is living my dream (I want to be a band-aid, not a groupie, and I am well on my way thank you very much.) Actually, come to think of it, being a music journalist is not too shabby of a job either, huh. Maybe it's because Penny Lane is named Penny Lane (her real name is Lady, which is pretty radtacular as well.) Maybe it's because I fell in love with Billy Crudup, who plays Stillwater guitarist Russell Hammond (do not fear, I love you too Jason Lee and Patrick Fugit.) Maybe it's because no matter how many times I've watched the movie I still laugh at Russel on the roof about to jump in the pool saying "You can tell Rolling Stone magazine that my last words were...I'M ON DRUGS!!" See, I'm smiling at the thought of that scene. Actually the whole movie makes me laugh... don't worry, I won't sit for hours quoting. Maybe it's the awesome soundtrack (some of which were not even written during 1973, btw. I'm not complaining they still rock.) Maybe it's just Zooey Deschanel...


Mostly it is due to this scene:




Whatever it is - I LOVE THIS MOVIE!!!! I don't care I'll shout it out on a mountain. This movie totally blew Breakfast at Tiffany's out of the picture. I watch it when I'm sad. I watch it when I'm sick. I watch it when I sketch. I watch it when I feel like doing nothing else. I watch it just because. No matter how many times I've seen it - I still sit mesmerized the entire time taking in everything. I'm still waiting on a better movie to come out. When it does, I'll notify you. It'll be big news.

1 comment:

Decor To Adore said...

Hold me close now Tony Danza.