February 10, 2009

I'm Wide Awake It's Morning

72 Things



Every once and a while, when I cannot think of anything better to occupy my time with, I sit and watch LiveLavaLive. Mitchell Davis' random antics are hilarious (at least I think they are) but back in November, Mitchell posted a video titled 50 Things that got a little more than a laugh out of me.


I instantly knew i wanted to do something similar to this and I couldn't think of anything more perfect than posting it to my brand new blog. With that, for the next 72 (my favorite number is actually 172, but that's a tad excessive) weeks, I will be posting "Monday Me's."




I'm Wide Awake It's Morning





I bought this cd (I'm Wide Awake It's Morning - Bright Eyes) the day it came out when I was a Sophmore in High School. That was it, I was sold. It was the first cd I played in my car when I got my license. It was playing on a rainy day back in March 2007 (I'm not going into details but none-the-less it's an important day in my life.) I played it when I was in love and I played it to get over love. I listened to it on repeat the day I graduated High School. I played it during my first road trip without my parents. I played it on the drive to my first day of College. I have the cd booklet hanging on my inspiration board. And, in case you are not getting how much I love this album, I'll just go ahead and say that not a day goes by when I don't listen to at least one song off the record. It's perfect. I won't go into details about each song (trust me, I started writing and got a bit carried away before I had realized I wrote a novel) but I will say the last time I saw Bright Eyes, the last song they played was "Road To Joy" which coincidentally is also the last song on the album. I stood transfixed on the stage and stayed staring well until the crowd had dispersed. I was trying to comprehend if I had really just witnessed the most spectacular ending to any show I have ever attended. It was a magical feeling. At the very same time though, I was waiting to die. It was that good. And, even though I broke curfew that night (in consequence, I got grounded for a month) I never once complained.

No comments: