June 2, 2010

and if you ever get lonely, you just go to the record store and visit all your friends.

i wish there were more hours in the day. i am halfway through summer break and i have not even begun to dent in on my list of things to do. i am un-welcoming myself into this so-called "real world" where you are always a few steps behind. the only thing i can say is that i have fallen behind, not from laziness (which is normally my style), but rather, taking the plunge and throwing myself out into the world (which is normally not my style.)


i recently (as in recently, this afternoon, recently) finalized an application for my first "real world" job.

if i do say so myself, this was a fine use of a 99 cent neil diamond record.















neil, he literally had to be pried away from my hands. it was an un-mutual, pre-mature break up, i can assure you. i just hope that we can make like stevie nicks and lindsey buckingham and it will be the best thing to ever happen to our careers.




so, not that it is anything new, but i am going to vanish - but only until my photoshop decides to stop being a dumbass (note to self: cut back on daily in-take of that 70's show.) i have decided that what i need, as i head towards a new school (arizona state university) and new areas of study (writing and music) is a fresh start. in light of my absence, i have left you a few of my favorite people for company.






the beatles by robert whitaker




bob dylan by barry feinstein




bruce springsteen by lynn goldsmith



lou reed and david bowie by mick rock




elton john by neal preston



david bowie, iggy pop, and lou reed by mick rock




robert plant and jimmy page by neal preston




the rolling stones by michael joseph




patti smith by frank stefanko





simon & garfunkel by elaine mayes




tom petty & the heartbreakers by lynn goldsmith




bob dylan with tom petty & the hearbreakers by neal preston



lou reed and nico by mick rock




the who by tom wright

No comments: