October 13, 2009

Buffalo Bernard.

I thought that in honor of Where the Wild Things Are coming out this week, I would theme all of my posts.

I wanted to share some more of my "Bernard" polaroids. These were originally to be comprised for a Parson's entrance project. I decided not to pursue Parson's but kept the photos. A friend and I took a road trip around Phoenix and photographed Bernard (this is our given name, he is actually named Carol) in front of my favorite places. I thought you might enjoy a good laugh.
Home of the Octopus bracelet.
Good art, even better music.
If you're going to make a public phone call, best make it in a phone booth.

Nectar of the Gods.
A brief trip to the rain forest.

This is actually took place at QT, which is probably the main reason I will not leave Arizona.
Old school movie theatres for Indie movies.
Hands down THE best spot in Phoenix.Hooray for vintage!
Best seat at school.
Breakfast of Champions.

Take time to smell the coffee.
Driving home into the Sun.
I actually designed this feather dress to go along with my entrance project also. I loved it so much I could not push it aside, so it ended up as my last piect in my portfolio. Save the best for last.


striped, sequined backless bodice, scaled belt, and feathered skirt, eight hours to draw and color all those feathers!

The original design actually had a spiked necklace to imitate Bernards horns and teeth.

3 comments:

Linda said...

Hooray! I've been awaiting your latest post and here it is, all fun and whimsy as usual! Love it. Daughter and I have been awaiting Where the Wild Things Are ~ it's just what I need right now.

The photos from your portfolio are great! Thanks for sharing. :)

The Quintessential Magpie said...

What a fun post! Love it!

Decor To Adore said...

I love these photos! I am Wild about Bernard. I think you still might use them someday...They are worthy.